Chancellor of the Exchequer (Treasurer)
Lord Daniel Warwick (Daniel Bensing)
615 Meadow Lane, SW
Vienna, VA 22180
(703) 255-9895 (H)
exchequer AT pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Deputy Chancellor of the Exchequer
Mistress Celia of Rosedale (Tamara Brown)
(703) 378-2441 (H)
celia AT ravenstreet.org
Lady Sophia van der Werken (Lisbeth Monroe-Teopaco)
3531 Country Hill Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703) 901-1866 (H)
chamberlain AT pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Each local group must have a financial policy. The main governing documents of the SCA, Inc. are Corpora, the By-Laws, Corporate Policies, and the Articles of Incorporation.
The Kingdom of Atlantia expands on those documents in Kingdom Financial Policy.
The Barony of Ponte Alto expands on Kingdom Financial Policy our Baronial Financial Policy.
The Barony of Ponte Alto Financial Policy
- Ponte Alto Financial Policy
- Ponte Alto Financial Policy shall be accepted by a majority vote of the populace of the group and replace all previous financial policies and may be amended or replaced by a majority vote of the group.
- Ponte Alto Financial Policy shall be reviewed yearly.
- Ponte Alto Financial Policy is superseded by: Kingdom Exchequer Policy, Kingdom Law, Kingdom Financial Policy, Society Exchequer Policy, Corpora, Federal, and State Law.
- Financial Committee
- The Financial Committee
- Defined as all paid members of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., who attend the Barony of Ponte Alto's business meeting.
- At business meetings all financial needs will be brought to the Financial Committee for voting purposes. A majority vote will allow the money to be spent.
In the event of a tie, the vote shall be moved to the Emergency Financial Committee.
The Financial Committee may allocate money only up to the amount that is currently in the General Fund and no greater.
- A roster of paid members shall be kept by the Exchequer.
- The Emergency Financial Committee
- Emergencies are defined as money that needs to be spent before the next business meeting.
- This Committee shall consist of the Exchequer, the Seneschal, and a third officer whose position rotates on an annual basis each January. The rotation shall be Knight Marshal,
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Chatelain, Herald, Minster of the Lists, Chronicler, and Web Minister. Each member of the Emergency Financial Committee must be a paid member of the
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., be at least 18 years of age, and possess a valid warrant for their office.
- Members of the Emergency Financial Committee shall have one vote. Should a member recuse himself/herself from a vote in which there is a conflict of interest or appearance of impropriety,
the Deputy Exchequer shall cast the third vote.
- Spending approval is permitted up to $1000 unless the spending is for a site fee. Spending approval is permitted up to $2000 for a site fee.
- Meeting of this Emergency Financial Committee may be in person, over the phone, or via email.
- The Chancellor of the Exchequer
- The Exchequer shall maintain a checking account with appropriate signature cards for the group, file all annual, quarterly and event reports as required by Kingdom and Society law and policy,
enforce and maintain the group's financial policy, serve as chairperson of the group's Emergency Financial Committee and hold primary responsibility for coordinating with other members of the
Emergency Financial Committee, and communicating the committee's actions with the populace.
- The Exchequer shall, upon request, provide access to the group's financial reports and books to any member of the group and shall publish to the group the annual doomsday report in the local newsletter,
with a copy sent to the Kingdom Chancellor of the Exchequer.
- The Exchequer shall pursue any NSF (non-sufficient funds) checks received by the group according to the policy outlined in the Chancellor of the Exchequer Local Officer's Reference Handbook.
- Disbursement of Funds
- Signatories on all Baronial accounts shall be the exchequer, deputy exchequer, and seneschal.
- Authorization for disbursement of funds.
- For the routine expenses of meeting room rental, storage facility rental, and newsletter publication, disbursement may be authorized by either the seneschal or the exchequer.
The exchequer shall report all such expenses at the Barony meeting following their disbursement.
- For all other expenses, authorization shall require a majority approval by the Financial Committee. Prior to voting, proof of membership will be required for those baronial members wishing
to vote at the meeting, this includes the baronial officers and the Baron and Baroness of Ponte Alto.
The Exchequer shall verify membership before the vote.
- The autocrat shall present a written, itemized budget for an event to the Financial Committee three months prior to the event date and before any expenditure for the event is made and before the event flyer has been published. The Barony may vote to waive this provision under exceptional circumstances. (Example: The Barony is asked to host a Kingdom event in less than three months.)
- The budget may include provisions to waive gate and feast fees for sitting Monarchs, Their Heirs, and the event's Head Cook.
- The budget may include provisions to waive gate fees for the event's Autocrat and Head Troll.
- The Financial Committee must authorize any itemized expenditure in excess of the approved amount.
- Event reservations and check in (troll):
- All checks shall be deposited in a timely manner.
- No funds shall be removed from the cash box except as change for funds received.
- The Exchequer must receive event-related receipts and requests for reimbursement no later than five business days after the event.
- Event Refunds shall be provided as follows:
- Feast refund may be provided if the feast spot was resold to another attendee. No refunds shall be provided if the event does not make a profit.
- The Exchequer must receive refund requests in writing no later then five business days after the event.
- All refunds shall be paid by check from the group's checking account.
- No refund shall be issued until the event books have been closed and all reservation checks have cleared.
- The event financial report shall be presented to the populace at the first regular business meeting of the group after the event books have been closed.
- Any photocopies of checks shall be shredded by the Exchequer after the books have been closed.
- Special Funds
- Any funds raised for a specific purpose will be maintained as separately allocated for a period of one year. After this time, if they have not been spent, they will be transferred to general funds.
These funds will be maintained within the baronial checking account.
- The Exchequer must receive special fund-related receipts and requests for reimbursement within sixty days of purchase.