Fall Crown Tournament - November 3rd, 2018
As the days grow shorter and the cold winds of winter begin to blow in from the north, Their Majesties will seek to secure the future of the fair Kingdom of Atlantia.
The Barony of Ponte Alto is honoured to host a grand tournament for the most precious prize in the Known World.
Come fight for the glory of our great kingdom, or bear witness as King Ragnarr and Queen Lynette's potential Heirs test their mettle against each other in a grand tournament in order to gain the right to bear the crowns of Atlantia. A glorious day of pageantry, amazing feats of arms, and beautiful displays of arts and sciences awaits!
Martial Activities: A Grand example of Chivalry and Prowess
Arts & Sciences Activities:
- Tempore Atlantia:
The featured time period for this Falls Tempore competition is 1400ce to 1500ce. Any Item, from any culture will be considered. However, it must be inspired by an object dating to the above time period. Documentation must be provided to be considered for the prize. A display only area will be available as well. If individuals, groups or guilds are interested in sponsoring a secondary prize for best item of a specific sort. For example best embroidery, or best Italian item you must contact Lady Mariss Ghijs before August 1st.
- Fabulous Five Children's Largesse:
Our children are our future, and we like to bribe them to stay around! But, alas the depths of our treasure chests have grown bare. We are in danger of our dear ones turning away from us in despair. Help us fill the chests and bring smiles to the faces of our youth! Join the ranks of the great largess makers of yore and make a set of five fabulous items for the children of Atlantia!
To enter, make five of any item to be donated to the children's treasure chests. Want to make more than five items? Create a second (or third or fourth) set! Know a young artisan? Have them create a set as well. Extra points will be given to all entries that are MADE by our youth!
Winners will be awarded by Populace Choice for both Adult and Youth.
- Adult, Member: $15.00 Day-Trip $12.00 Feast
- Adult, Non-Member: $20.00 Day-Trip $12.00 Feast
- Youth (5-17): $8.00 Day-Trip $12.00 Feast
- Child (0-4): Guests of the Barony If a child occupies a seat, $8.00 Feast
Make Checks Payable To: SCA, Inc., Barony of Ponte Alto
Cost Notes: Pre-reg by 26 October for a $2 Adult & $3 Child discount off Gate Fee. PayPal should be available or mail Reservationist.
Site: Loudoun County Fairgrounds 17564 Dry Mill Rd Leesburg, VA 20175. Site opens 8am, closes 11pm.
Site Restrictions: Site is wet. NO ORIGINAL CONTAINERS for hard or soft drinks. Dogs allowed on the grounds, provided they are leashed and their owners clean up after them. No open flames or campfires. NO animals are allowed in the buildings.
Feast Information: A sumptuous feast for 60 is being prepared by The Bright Hills Cooks Guild. Dietary concerns may be directed to the head cook. If pre-reservations exceed 60 by 26 October, more seats will be added. There may be available seats the day of however, the only guaranteed seat is a paid reservation. Feast is by seat; if a child occupies a seat, feast fee applies. There will be off board seating available.
Baroness Wynne: Email: FeastocratCT2018@pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
- First Course
- Mixed vegetable pickle*
- Garlic Coriander Olives*
- Rowan's pickled onions
- Bread and butter
- Shaped butters*
- Roast Pork Loin*
- Makeroun (noodles & cheese)
- Heirloom carrots
- Sprouts (?)
- Game hens for high table
- Entrement ("betweens")
- Second Course
- Bread & butter
- Irish spiced beef
- Broccoli with Savoury Toasted Cheese
- Sodde eggs (eggs with mustard sauce)
- Rabbit for high table
- Apple & pear tarts
- Crostarde for high table
List Field Coordinator: Please contact Lady Margaret. Email: FieldCoordinatorCT2018@pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Merchanting Information: Merchants are welcome. Please contact Master Eadric the Potter. Email: MerchantCoordinatorCT2018@pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Autocrat: Meisterin Adina von der Heide (L Cicirelli). 4214 Maylock Lane, Fairfax, VA 22033. Phone: (571) 249-1250. Email: AutocratCT2018@pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Reservations: Astrid (Katie Bischoff), 25829 Turlough Terrace, Chantilly, VA 20152, Email: ReservationsCT2018@pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
- Red Roof Inn Leesburg; (703) 777-6622; Book by 1 October, use code "CROWN TOURNAMENT"; $90 = a room with two queen beds.
- Best Western Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center; (703) 777-9400; normal rate starts at $113 double occupancy (allows pets) Stay turned for special booking codes.
- There are many other options in Leesburg -- all approximately 5 miles from site
- From Points North, South, and East: Take your best route to the Dulles Toll Road/Greenway (Rt. 267) off of the Washington Beltway (I-495). Go through the toll booth(s) past Dulles Airport. Merge onto VA-7 W via EXIT 1A on the LEFT toward LEESBURG/WARRENTON. Take Route 9 West exit (stay in left lane of exit). At STOP sign at end of exit, turn left and proceed over bridge that crosses Route 7 (stay in the left lane). Proceed to STOP sign and turn left onto Dry Mill Rd. Travel approximately 1 mile to Fairgrounds entrance on left.
- From Points West of Leesburg: Take Route 7 East (Harry Byrd Hwy) towards Leesburg, VA. Take Route 9 Exit. At STOP sign at end of exit, turn right and immediately get into the left lane. Proceed to STOP sign and turn left onto Dry Mill Rd. Travel approximately 1 mile to Fairgrounds entrance on left.
Last Updated: 9/19/2018 by Ronan